Dermal Fillers: RADIESSE®, JUVEDERM® & BELOTERO®, VOLUMA
What are Dermal Fillers?
Overtime, through natural aging and expression, lines and creases form on our skin that age our appearance. Dermal fillers can correct those lines instantly, by gently filling them from within, creating smoother, more youthful looking skin. Before recommending which product will be right for you, Dr. Salzman meets with you to review your medical history, medications, the current condition of your skin and your goals . Dr. Salzman only uses F.D.A. approved dermal fillers, RADIESSE®, JUVEDERM® & BELOTERO® and VOLUMA® — all are made of natural gels; therefore no allergy testing is required. Our clients continue to come back to Dr. Salzman because of his patient and understanding demeanor, outstanding treatment results and comfortable injecting technique that he has perfected through years of practice and continued training through expert level classes.
What areas can be treated?
Areas that can be treated include after selecting the appropriate filler:
• the vertical lines around the mouth (nasal-labial folds)
• the vertical lines from the corner of the mouth to the chin (marionette lines)
• the horizontal lines above and below the lips
• the horizontal lines underneath the lower lip and above the chin
• the hollows underneath the eyes and above the cheekbone.
• the vertical lines above and below the lip (periorial or smokers lines
Besides using dermal fillers on facials lines, Dr. Salzman also uses the follwoing fillers:
• For Lips, he uses Juvederm Ultra Plus and adds extra numbing for your comfort
• For aging hand, He used RADIESSE, FDA approved to reduce signs of aging
• For loss of volume in the face he uses RADIESSE or JUVEDERM VOLUMA.
Youthful hands with RADIESSE hand lift
The FDA has approved approval for RADIESSE to be used for hand rejuvenation. Dr. Salzman, we the first physician in the Capital Region to be certified by MERZ, the makers of Radiesse, to do this technique. So many of us look to getting wrinkle reduction and filler for our faces, yet our hands show wear and aging, sometimes more significantly than out faces. We have so many products to protect our face, but yet with constant use and washing – hands age. You can often tell a person is aging by looking at their hands, even though their faces look youthful.
Before: RADIESSE Hand LiftAfter: RADIESSE Hand Lift
RADIESSE in your hands, according to the company, is expected to last 2 or more years. Depending on your consultation with the doctor you may only need one syringe. Call us for your free consultation and see if RADIESSE is suitable for you.
How does it work?
Before beginning the treatment, Dr. Salzman carefully cleans and numbs the area. He then uses a very fine syringe to gently inject and fill the area. The treatment itself is quick and comfortable.
Before and after photo using Juvederm Ultra Plus with Lidocaine.
Dermal fillers generally last six months to a year or more depending on the type of filler used and the area injected;Voluma last for up to two years.Here at Advanced Laser Medspa, we always take before and after photos during your consultation, at the time of your treatment and when you come in for your follow-up visit with Dr. Salzman .Our follow-up visits with Dr. Salzman are complimentary, and he will recommend that you come back for either a 30 or 60 day follow-up visit to meet with him and to review and discuss your treatment results.
Are there any risks or side effects?
Side effects may include some bruising, bleeding at the injection site, tenderness and swelling. Following proper pre and post care instructions and any verbal instructions from Dr. Salzman help ensure you get the best possible results from your treatment with minimal discomfort or side effects.
What types of Dermal Fillers does Dr. Salzman M.D. recommend?
Dr. Salzman prefers to use Juvéderm®, Radiesse® , Voluma® and Belotero®, all F.D.A. approved injectable fillers. All injectable fillers look and feel natural in the skin and can last 6 months to a year or Voluma lasts even longer, up to 2 years. Length of time depends on the filler used and other factors which the Doctor an discuss with you..
• Juvéderm® is made of hyaluronic acid, a chemical naturally found in almost every cell of our body and works by binding to water and expanding in the skin. Juvéderm® creates a soft and natural plumping effect when treating the lips as well as the vertical striations or “smokers’ lines” above and below the lips, and along the corners of the mouth and the “smile lines.”
• Radiesse® is made up of calcium-based microspheres suspended in a water- based gel. Radiesse® works wonders on the deep lines around the mouth, above the chin line, along the jowls and near the cheekbones. Radiesse® also helps to stimulate your body to produce new collagen in the treated areas and creates an instant plumping and smoothing result in the skin.
• Belotero® is also made of hyaluronic acid, a chemical that is naturally found in almost every cell of our body and works by binding to water and expanding in the skin. Belotero® is great for the fine lines on the face, around the lips.
• Voluma® is also made of hyaluronic acid, is naturally found in almost every cell of our body and works by binding to water and expanding in the skin. Voluma is designed to fill in cheeks and replace lost cheek volume.
How do I prepare for a Dermal Fillers treatment?
We ask that one week prior to treatment you avoid taking any non-prescription medications such as aspirin, aspirin containing products, Ginkgo Biloba, high doses of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, St John’s Wort and any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents such as ibuprofen or Aleve. Also, it is important that you avoid alcohol for 72 hours prior to receiving treatment. When in doubt please consult your regular prescribing doctor before discontinuing any regular medications that you take and advise Dr. Salzman. Also consult Dr. Salzman if you have any questions or concerns about whether or not a certain medication, vitamin or supplement may increase bruising or swelling.
The most important safety aspect of any treatment is the careful evaluation performed by a trusted physician.