Dermal Fillers: Radiesse, Juvederm & Belotero
What are Dermal Fillers?
Overtime, through natural aging and expression, lines and creases form on our skin that age our appearance. Dermal fillers can correct those lines instantly, by gently filling them from within, creating smoother, more youthful looking skin. Only Dr. Salzman performs the treatment and meets with you beforehand to carefully review your medical history, any medications that you are currently taking and the current condition of your skin, before recommending which product will be right for you. Dr. Salzman only uses F.D.A. approved dermal fillers that are made of natural, injectable gels; therefore no allergy testing is required. Our clients continue to come back to Dr. Salzman because of his patient and understanding demeanor, outstanding treatment results and comfortable injecting technique that he has perfected through years of practice and continued training through expert level classes.
What areas can be treated?
Areas that can be treated include:
• the vertical lines around the mouth (nasal-labial folds)
• the vertical lines from the corner of the mouth to the chin (marionette lines)
• the horizontal lines above and below the lips
• the horizontal lines underneath the lower lip and above the chin
• the hollows underneath the eyes and above the cheekbone.
• the vertical lines above and below the lip (periorial or smokers lines)
How does it work?
Before beginning the treatment, Dr. Salzman carefully cleans and numbs the area. He then uses a very fine syringe to gently inject and fill the area. The treatment itself is quick and comfortable, and we offer a complimentary Omnilux® red light treatment after your injection which greatly helps to reduce redness, decrease swelling, prevent bruising and enhance the final results of the product.
How long does it last?
Dermal fillers generally last six months to a year depending on the type of filler used and the area injected. Here at Advanced Laser Medspa, we always take before and after photos during your consultation, at the time of your treatment and when you come in for your follow-up visit with Dr. Salzman .Our follow-up visits with Dr. Salzman are complimentary, and he will recommend that you come back for either a 30 or 60 day follow-up visit to meet with him and to review and discuss your treatment results.
Are there any risks or side effects?
Side effects may include bruising, bleeding at the injection site, tenderness and swelling. Following proper pre and post care instructions and any verbal instructions from Dr. Salzman will ensure that you get the best possible results from your treatment with minimal discomfort or side effects.
What types of Dermal Fillers does Dr. Salzman M.D. recommend?
Dr. Salzman prefers to use Juvéderm® and Radiesse® F.D.A. approved injectable fillers. Both injectable fillers look and feel natural in the skin and can last 6 months to a year or longer after the initial injection.
• Juvéderm® is made of hyaluronic acid, a chemical that is naturally found in almost every cell of our body and works by binding to water and expanding in the skin. Juvéderm® creates a soft and natural plumping effect when treating the lips as well as the vertical striations or “smokers’ lines” above and below the lips, and along the corners of the mouth and the “smile lines.”
• Radiesse® is made up of calcium-based microspheres suspended in a water- based gel. Radiesse® works wonders on the deep lines around the mouth, above the chin line, along the jowls and when treating the hollows underneath the eyes and near the cheekbones. Radiesse® also helps to stimulate your body to produce new collagen in the treated areas and creates an instant plumping and smoothing result in the skin.
• Belotero® is also made of hyaluronic acid, a chemical that is naturally found in almost every cell of our body and works by binding to water and expanding in the skin. Belotero® is great for the fine lines on the face, around the lips and in the lips for a subtle yet beautiful effect plumping and smoothing effect.
How do I prepare for a Dermal Fillers treatment?
We ask that one week prior to treatment you avoid taking any non-prescription medications such as aspirin, aspirin containing products, Ginkgo Biloba, high doses of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, St John’s Wort and any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents such as ibuprofen. Also, it is important that you avoid alcohol for 72 hours prior to receiving treatment. When in doubt please consult Dr. Salzman before discontinuing any regular medications that you take or if you have any questions or concerns about whether or not a certain medication, vitamin or supplement may increase bruising or swelling.
The most important safety aspect of any treatment is the careful evaluation performed by a trusted physician.